users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish beta 3 Vs sjsas 9

From: John Clingan <John.Clingan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:19:40 -0700

On Aug 1, 2007, at 9:07 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Hi,
> currently we are evaluating GlassFish to use it in our company as
> official server for all company application. currntly the
> evaluation is between JBoss &GlassFish .

Please let us know how we can facilitate the evaluation.

> but i had a few questions which i can't find answer for them
>
> 1- what is the different between GlassFish beta 3 and Sun
> distribution sjsas 9 , i know that sjsas 9 is totally based on
> GlassFish but i don't know if there any different or not ?

Sun will support the Sun Java System Application Server 9.1, which is
GlassFish V2 + support + indemnification.

> 2- what is the license for sjsas 9 , as far as i know GlassFish
> license is CDDL v1.0 which is fine for our requirements but i
> can't find information about sjsas license ?

Working on the licensing details right now ...

> 3- dose sun offer commercial support for GlassFish or only support
> for there own version ?

Sun will offer support for the Sun Java System Application Server
9.1. I am interested in understanding, from a customer perspective,
the value of also supporting GlassFish V2.

John Clingan
GlassFish Product Manager
Sun Microsystems