users@glassfish.java.net

Re: webstart and desktop shortcut

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:14:20 PDT

Hi Tim

As you mentionned, letting the developer customize the jnlp file is not an easy task.
I think the easiest way would be to let the developer package a custom jnlp file in the client jar and merge that one with the server templates.

That way, a developer can also specify property placeholders, like ${myprop} in the jnlp file, where myprop would be replaces by the environment variable (or context variables) on runtime.

The substitution should be an easy task to implement (see Util.java).
But to merge the jnlp files can be a little trickier! Perhaps it would be a good idea to create a new DTD for this custom jnlp file, to limit the custom data to only the information block for now.

What do you think?
These features could be very useful, I think!

Roll
PS: I have really big problems to compile the glassfish sources (maven 1.0.2, cvs behind firewall, etc), so for now I cannot provide any patches :-(
[Message sent by forum member 'rreckel' (rreckel)]