users@glassfish.java.net

Re: web application non responsive after reinstalling database

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:44:55 PDT

Whereas I think reinstalling the database schema while applications connecting to it are running
is a bit of negative testing of the connection pooling (among other things), I do agree that we need
to understand why this happens. Few pointers:

- If you can consistently reproduce this, please turn on the monitoring of the connection pools
(JDBC) and see if you see something wrong with its statistics.
- Get the thread dump when this occurs:
  1) use asadmin generate-jvm-report --type thread
  2) kill -3 on server pid and then we'll need to analyze stack dump that gets logged in
      [domain-folder]/logs/jvm.log
  3) jstack app server process-pid will get you the thread dump.

Please get the the thread dump for further analysis.

Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]