users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish scalability issue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:50:26 PDT

When using option c and setting the timeout to 5 sec, the server recovers (after a little while, 10 -15 sec) after getting connection errors.
Option a and b still gave the same results in that the server a would hang and be unusable, altho when using option b, the jstack output showed that more than one thread was stopped (at the time jstack was run) at this function:

java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

You mentioned that a lock at this function would normally indicate that a transaction has not been committed? I don't do any updates to the db in the test I am running. I only do select statements with PreparedStatement or just a Statement object.
Would I still have to worry about transactions?

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'hansflhotmailcom' (hansflhotmailcom)]