users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Logging in GF 2

From: Shevland, Joe <joe.shevland_at_capgemini.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:59:55 +1000

Hi Marc,

I do all of my application (EAR) initialization via a class in a bundled
web application that implements ServletContextListener i.e.

   /**
    * @see javax.servlet.ServletContextListener#contextInitialized(
    * javax.servlet.ServletContextEvent)
    */
   public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent event) {
      // Call a 'startup' EJB or setup logging and other things here...
   }

I tend to have a SystemServiceBean EJB with a startupSystem() method
which will setup loggers for the EJB module, and different classes in
each top-level (web) module to setup their loggers (just in case our
deployment strategy changes and some of the modules are split out onto
different servers).

Cheers
Joe