users@glassfish.java.net

Entity bean as an EJB member parameter or return value?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 02:14:34 PDT

Hello,
Don't be angry at me if I'm asking stupid questions:)

I would ask that is it allowed for an EJB to return an entity bean or take an entity bean as a parameter? Or entity beans should be used only on server side?
For example one of my EJB member returns an entity, and after 2 minutes I send it back to the EJB from my client, is it possible? Or the entity bean has a "special state" or something magic so it shouldn't be sent back?
I'm asking this because I do the same and when I'm sending back entity beans the whole thing (CORBA) becomes very slow so it's really strange. When I'm sending plain objects, it's ok.

Thanks, MB
[Message sent by forum member 'mbazs123' (mbazs123)]