users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Memory Issues

From: Scott Oaks <Scott.Oaks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:02:46 -0400

> Basically search for Glassfish, java 1.6, and JSP compile and you'll hun
> down the details of setting this up -- it's not simply changing the JVM.

Doh! I'm so focused on what I'm working on that I forget not everyone is
on Glassfish V2 -- the OP is on SJSAS 9.0 Update 1, which is Glassfish
V1.

So the in-process JSP compilation with JDK6 doesn't work under any
circumstances with Glassfish V1/SJSAS 9.0. So either more swap will need
to be added as I had a link to earlier, or an upgrade to Glassfish V2
will be needed. Of course, I realize that there may be support issues
with that, as it's not yet a supported product where SJSAS 9.0 is.

By the way, in-process JSP compilation in Glassfish V2 is just a matter
of switching the JDK. It used to be the case that you needed other steps
(and searching for those steps will led you to Kin-Man Chung's blog
about them), but that is no longer necessary.

-Scott