users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v1/v2 incompatibility?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:03:55 PDT

Sahoo,
      Thanks for respond to my post.

      To make sure I understands this. ams.jar actually contains both EJB (Stateless session beans) and Entities Persistence (@Entity) and POJO helper classes.

      Glassfish reported that ams.jar has 0 EJB, which I don't understand why it is correct.

      I don't have a ejb-jar.xml, as I used the annotations only.

      ams.jar jas no web component (such as Servlet etc.), to change this
      we would I have to change it to

     which doesn't seem right to me. The JEE5_SDK samples use <java> tag to store the application client .jar file.

     Are you suggesting that I have to separate EJBs into a sparate .jar file (which GlassFish seems to suggest). and declare separate modules for ejb and non-ejb java file ?

    Your respond will be appreciated.

    I recently started EJB3 Project with Weblogic/Kodo JPA, in general, things went well (it doesn't complaint ams.jar has 0 EJB), except for one critical issue: under multiple-concurrent threads and a special parent-child data model, the transaction would fail and rollback (even though it works find under 1-thread). I sent the issue to BEA support, unfortunately, their support is really bad, it has dragged for months (1-2 months), I still haven't got any resolution.
There are also other non-critital issues, where I won't mention here. Since I can't put this into production, I thought I would try some thing else.

    I then tried Weblogic + Toplink, I did not go very far with this combo, I got exceptions from toplink when I try to call EntityManager.flush(). The real issue, somehow the Enitity Manager doesn't seems to commit, i.e. there is no database record in the database after the EntityManager.persist() call. I am "sure" Toplink work and weblogic work. It could be the combo causing the problem. I post some message on Toplink forum and did not get any response.

So now I am trying the GlassFish + Toplink, as this is the reference Implementation. Hope I got better luck this time.

Chester
[Message sent by forum member 'chesterxgchen123' (chesterxgchen123)]