users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v1/v2 incompatibility?

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:18:00 -0400

Hi, Chester

> Thanks for respond to my post.
>
> To make sure I understands this. ams.jar actually contains both EJB (Stateless session beans) and Entities Persistence (@Entity) and POJO helper classes.
>
> Glassfish reported that ams.jar has 0 EJB, which I don't understand why it is correct.
>
> I don't have a ejb-jar.xml, as I used the annotations only.

> ams.jar jas no web component (such as Servlet etc.), to change this
> we would I have to change it to
>
> which doesn't seem right to me. The JEE5_SDK samples use <java> tag to store the application client .jar file

Sahoo must've thought you only had @Entity in the jar. If you have
Stateless bean inside, this should be a valid ejb jar. Can you please
check the server.log to see if there is any warnings w.r.t annotation
processing? If there are some problems in annnotation processing (due
to NoClassDefFoundError etc), the ejb component annotations might not be
processed properly, and as a result, we could find any valid ejbs inside
the jar.

Thanks,

- Hong