users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Persistence Problem

From: Daniel Cavalcanti <dhcavalcanti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:23:45 -0400

I have two database servers that I can test my application against.
I was getting that error when the DB server that the connection pool was
configured to hit against was not running.
When I changed the connection pool parameters to point to the DB server that
was running, everything worked fine.
The parameter was URL.

Alternatively, I could have simply started the DB server that was not
running.
Like Marina suggested, you can test the connection pool through the GUI by
clicking on the ping button.
Using that suggestion made be realize the DB server was down.