users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB3 Timers

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:24:34 PDT

Well,

I remember once I had a timer that the intervals between each timeout were very important.

(It was a process that loads some rows from the DB, lock them, and perform some processes),

I encountered that the same rows were processed three times, it happend because GF started the process three times in about half second, so each process did not lock the data yet... and that caused me a lot of chaos :)

So, not sure about the specs, or if it was fixed, but I'll check it out anyway,

And yes, persistence/non-persistence options for timers would be a good idea,

Should I fill a feature request? or no one is going to take a look at it? :)

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'trouby' (trouby)]