users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish stops working after changing server's IP address

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:28:34 +0200

Hi there,
I have strange situation here. There is server with IP address 192.168.0.8/24.
Glassfish is installed in that server and everything works. But when I
change IP address and network to 192.168.1.8/24 and restart Glassfish
- it claims it is working, but actually nothing works any more:
 http://localhost:4848 is not responding, http://localhost:8080 as well.

Nothing helps, even restarting server. Glassfish does not work anymore.
But when I change IP/network address back into 192.168.0.8 - everything is fine.

I double checked, there is no file inside glassfish dir, where
"192.168.0.8" exist, no listener were configured to listen on that
192.168.0.8 - everything is set to listen on 0.0.0.0.

As I said, after changing IP configuration, the server was restarted
(I mean entire server, not only Glassfish) but that does not help.

My server is: Ubuntu 7.04, Glassfish v2b45.
IP configurations was written in /etc/network/interfaces. IP
configuration is correct, I mean IP address, network mask, broadcast,
default gateway, everything was set correctly.

How is that possible, that Glassfish works only on the IP
configuration that was set when it was installed? There is no
"192.168.0.8" inside any Glassfish's file.

Thanks,
josh