users@glassfish.java.net

Working with JPA in a non EE environment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 14:12:54 PDT

I'm really interesting in working with JPA in a non EE environment such as Tomcat.
In such an environment, I don't have IoC (Dependence Injection), so it's my responsibility to manage the creation and destruction of the EntityManagerFactory, that is, to manage the whole lifecycle of EntityManagerFactory.

I found my way to get on with this problem and I have described it in in this blog's post http://javanotepad.blogspot.com/2007/05/jpa-entitymanagerfactory-in-web.html .
I like to share this opinion and I would apreciate any comment (positive or negative). So please, share with me what you really think.

Is there another approach to work with JPA in an non EE environment?
[Message sent by forum member 'pucherico' (pucherico)]