users@glassfish.java.net

Re: WebStart application and forthcoming training :/

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 01:12:45 +0200

I was thinking about tweaking JNLP generated by Glassfish somehow. For
example, I could deploy application on server in our customer HQ and
on some laptop with Glassfish. That laptop would be plugged into local
network. The tweaked JNLP file would point into laptop for Glassfish's
resources, so when 30 people would launch JNLP, it will download 90%
from LAN and only our application would be downloaded from production
server.
The only problem is that I am not sure if Java Webstart will allow for
such a trick.

What do you think? Do you have any ideas what exactly should be
tweaked in JNLP generated by Glassfish, and is that idea possible to
work?