users@glassfish.java.net

Re: complain about Glassfish version 2 admin console.

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 15:10:45 -0700

Hi,
Thanks for your comment.
For the launch link, we are using JavaScript to open up another window, thats why even if you configure Firefox to open links in new tab, it doesn't honor that.
If we don't use JavaScript, and make an URL link,  it may cause problem with majority user.   If the user just click on the link, which i believe most user will do, that browser window will be replaced with the web app, and the admin console will be gone.
That said, there maybe a way to do it differently.  We will try to explore alternative.  Please go ahead and file the RFE and we will look into it.

thanks
Anissa

legolas wood wrote:
Hi
Thank you for reading my post
I think Glassfish version 2 admin console is somehow odd.

-I can not right click and open some of its links (a jsf shortage?)

- in  Applications> Web Applications Launch link open the web application into a new window(even in Firefox which i configured not to open links in new window and instead open in new tab.

Will this RFE resolve in v2 final?