users@glassfish.java.net

XA data source casting

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 07:03:56 PDT

HI all,
  I have setup 2 XA data source to oracle through thin driver in glassfish and weblogic. But when I do a JNDI lookup and try to cast result to javax.sql.XADataSource I will get casting exception in both container. The real class returned are proprietary class in both cases while they are java.sql.DataSource.
Does that mean even I know the DS is XA, I still can NOT cast to XADataSource?
Will it behave like XA when I enclose them into UserTransaction?
If so, what's the point to have this XADataSource interface?

thanks

ying
[Message sent by forum member 'yxd0018' (yxd0018)]