users@glassfish.java.net

Getting a web service that uses jax ws RI to work with app server 9

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:58:25 PDT

Hi,

I have written some code that uses new features found in jax ws RI 2.1 and need to deploy it as a web service to sun appserver v9 update 1 patch 1. I am using netbeans 5.5, and java ee sdk 5.

The code runs fine locally (I used the endorsed path mechanism to get it working with jax-ws RI) . However, when I try to deploy it , I have issues with the appserver not being able to find jax-ws RI specific classes. Putting the jax-ws RI files in the app server endorsed directory (using the endorsed path defined in the appserver GUI) does not improve the situation.

This is intensely frustrating as I have the bulk of the app coded and running, but can't get past this final hurdle.

Can anybody tell me if what I am attempting to do is possible, and if so, how to go about it?

Has anybody out there got this combination of libraries & application server working successfully, and if so, how did you do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'stevelu' (stevelu)]