users@glassfish.java.net

Re: relationship between two applications

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:01:19 -0700

Hi Kedar,

kedar wrote On 04/24/07 11:39 AM,:

> Hi Jan,
>
>> The closest feature that GlassFish offers in this respect is the
>> --libraries
>> option of the "asadmin deploy" command, which allows you to specify a
>> list of
>> JAR files that will be made visible to the application being
>> deployed. In your case,
>> you would specify the JAR files of the parent webapp when deploying
>> any of its
>> "child" apps.
>>
> You mean one should specify the jar files from within web-app that's
> deployed
> onto server? What would be the syntax of deploy command line?

I was thinking of referencing the parent webapp's JAR files as JAR URLs,
like this:

* jar:file*:/<path-to-parent-war>!/WEB-INF/lib/<name-of-jar>

<path-to-parent-war> would be the path to the parent webapp prior to its
deployment
(so that you don't need to know any GlassFish internals about the
location of the deployed
bits).

I haven't verified if "asadmin deploy --libraries xxx" supports the
above syntax.
If it doesn't, we should fix it.

Jan