users@glassfish.java.net

Re: relationship between two applications

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:39:46 -0700

Hi Jan,

> The closest feature that GlassFish offers in this respect is the
> --libraries
> option of the "asadmin deploy" command, which allows you to specify a
> list of
> JAR files that will be made visible to the application being deployed.
> In your case,
> you would specify the JAR files of the parent webapp when deploying
> any of its
> "child" apps.

You mean one should specify the jar files from within web-app that's
deployed
onto server? What would be the syntax of deploy command line?
> Still, the only *portable* solution I can see is to bundle the parent
> and its dependent "child" webapps inside an EAR file, which you've
> confirmed works for you.

I agree with this. I am not sure how classes bundled in one app (i.e.
well defined .ear files) be seen by other apps in a portable
manner. Bill -- do you know?

Kedar