users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF2-v41 + JDK 1.6 + PostgreSQL 8.2 problems, as seen in issue 1522

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 08:10:56 PDT

Hi thormick,

I also ran into this problem with JDK 1.6 and Postgres JDBC 4 drivers, and contacted the Postgres people about it. They were basically unhelpful, saying that the get/setClientInfo methods should remain throwing an exception being "not implemented". I disagreed, and downloaded the soure code for their JDBC 4 driver, and modified these methods so that instead of raising exceptions, the getClientInfo methods return null, and the setClientInfo methods do nothing. After that, all was OK on JDK 1.6. These methods can be found in the class file :-
org.postgresl.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.

It is not actually a problem with Glassfish.

Regards,
Steve.
[Message sent by forum member 'suttridge_farm' (suttridge_farm)]