users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dire performace getting initial context from web start app.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 04:23:22 PDT

Hi Peter & Tim,

Just to put my oar in here for a moment - I have been wanting to put in an enhancement request for a while now. When starting a client app from JavaWebStart, it would be nice if the JWS splash screen would remain until the UI of the client app actually appears. Because of the long start-up, particularly when there are a number of remote beans to be injected into the app client, there is no user feedback that anything is happening between the time the splash screen disappears, and the actual user interface of the client app appears (can be up to a minute). BTW, I'm using EventQueue.invokeLater in the app client main() to set the main JFrame of the app client visible - I don't know if this is the preferred method or not.

Regards,

Steve.
[Message sent by forum member 'suttridge_farm' (suttridge_farm)]