users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JBI HTTP/SOAP BC not listening on HTTP port

From: Binod <Binod.Pg_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:11:54 +0530

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

>I am using the latest Glassfish 9.1 beta build.
>
>I want to access my JBI service assemblies from outside the app server and it seems the way to do it is via the HTTP/SOAP BC.

Correct.

>Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be listening on the expected port.
>
>Does this BC work correctly at this stage?

I think so.

>I've configured it to use port 8180, but it does not listen on that port.

By default, HTTP BC use the port number of http-listener-1 + 1000, I think..
(Which build are you using? It used to be port + 100)

>Also, when Glassfish app server starts up, other BCs show up as registered in the log, but the HTTP/SOAP BC does not.

The default glassfish server contains HTTP BC and it will be started only
when a service assembly that points to the BC is deployed.

You can always start it using the admin GUI.

thanks,
Binod.