users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2 build 41 and JSF/Facelets problem - navigation is broken

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:15:38 PDT

Hey Ryan

We are using facelets to simplify the presentation tier of my web based applications.

Vanilla JSP is a pain to work with especially when you add jsf components into the equation.

Facelets provides a nice separation between the actual presentation code (css, html etc) and the jsf components that are needed on each page. This allows us to prototype a page layout without worrying about pluging it in to jsf.

So in essence, all we are doing is making use of the facelets view handler to simplify the xhtml for our applications and sticking with jsfs vanilla backing beans for control of the flow through the applications, nothing too sophisticated ;)

Saying that, I now have another problem with Glassfish.

Navigation in my sample application is working fine once again in all other application servers and is running without a problem in tomcat. In glassfish however, I am getting a null pointer exception when trying to navigate from one page to the next.

I imagine this is also tied into the use of NIO in glassfish because the same xml configuration file are working without a problem everywhere else :(

This is so frustrating.

Pete
[Message sent by forum member 'peterslater' (peterslater)]