users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deploy EAR / WAR / RAR to remote server / domain

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 07:17:01 -0700

I think specifying the datacenter's Domain Admin Server's host and port
to your command would result in performing all your operations on the
remote domain. This assumes that both these dev and data center
installations are the same version of GlassFish

In effect, you have following at this point
asadmin --host localhost --port localDasPort --user adminUserId
--passwordfile somefile_containing_admin_password deploy ..... jar/war/ear

change this to :

asadmin --host remotehost --port remoteDasPort --user adminUserId
--passwordfile somefile_containing_remote_Das_admin_password deploy
....jar/war/ear

Could you try that and report?

If using v2, you can also deploy to a remote instance or cluster which
is part of the remote domain by specifying that as the target.