users@glassfish.java.net

Re: DeploymentManager.getTargets method blocks Glassfish container

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:12:00 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote On 03/23/07 04:54 PM,:

>I already have tried that and it works.
>The problem is a timing issue because the code of the servlet context listener runs as soon as the domain starts. For example (with the code from the first post):
>
>1) If the domain is running and the application doesn't have been deployed yet, asadmin deploys the war correctly and the code of the servlet context listener is executed with success
>
>2) After the first deploy, I stop the domain and start it again. And that's the moment glassfish hangs when calling getTargets. It blocks the boot process of the domain but I don't see the reason.
>
>3) Running from a servlet always work because the domain was already started successfully. The problem is only triggered in situation 2).
>
>Any idea how to solve this? I really need to fetch some web modules to check if my application can bootstrap correctly.

Hmm, I still don't see any output from jstack anywhere in your posting.

After restarting your domain, can you issue this command:

  jstack <pid>

where <pid> is the id of your appserver process?

*jstack* will print the Java stack traces of all the threads of your
appserver process.

This will tell us which thread is blocked, and why.

Thanks,

Jan