users@glassfish.java.net

Re: DeploymentManager.getTargets method blocks Glassfish container

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:54:04 PST

I already have tried that and it works.
The problem is a timing issue because the code of the servlet context listener runs as soon as the domain starts. For example (with the code from the first post):

1) If the domain is running and the application doesn't have been deployed yet, asadmin deploys the war correctly and the code of the servlet context listener is executed with success

2) After the first deploy, I stop the domain and start it again. And that's the moment glassfish hangs when calling getTargets. It blocks the boot process of the domain but I don't see the reason.

3) Running from a servlet always work because the domain was already started successfully. The problem is only triggered in situation 2).

Any idea how to solve this? I really need to fetch some web modules to check if my application can bootstrap correctly.

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'bytec0de' (bytec0de)]