users@glassfish.java.net

WSDL Not Found / wscompiler classpath does not see my objects

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 06:07:43 PST

Hi all,

When I have a Webservice with let's say a return value like this:

@WebMethod
public YourList getList(@WebParam(name = "queryString") final String queryString) {
}

and the class:

class YourList {
 int size;
 int length;

 OtherThing myObjects;
}

When the class YourList and OtherThing are stored inside the EJB-sources, then everything functions. When I extract these classes and place them in a seperate JAR, then the WSDL is not found / i.e. not created because he cannot find the classes YourList and OtherThing. When I place this JAR file in the lib/ext directory, then the compilation is successful. With other words, the classpath of the wscompiler does not append the classpath of my application, or so it seems....

However, when developing for example in Netbeans, I cannot always copy the jar file to lib/ext directory and then deploy the ear file?

Is there a possibility to influence the classpath of the wscompiler automatically from Netbeans or is this actually a bug which will be corrected in the future?

Thank you
Jan De Cooman
[Message sent by forum member 'ossaert' (ossaert)]