users@glassfish.java.net

How to configure domain's NAME or IP address?

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:25:22 +0100

Hello there,
I had really hard time trying to run my EAR application deployed on
remote Glassfish server.
To make things easier I am focusing right now on Java WebStart.

Every thing's working perfectly when I launch that application from
within the same computer/network where Glassfish is. But when I go to
another computer (it is actually on different ip network) and point
mozilla at glassfish admin page, navigate to my application and
download .jnlp file, then Java WebStart cannot start it.
Exception:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:
http://ubu:8080/__JWSappclients/__appclient/SOP/SOP-app-client/main.jnlp

I have opened that jnlp file in text editor and there are, for example:
<jnlp ..............
href="http://ubu:8080/__JWSappclients/__appclient/SOP/SOP-app-client/main.jnlp">

The reason that is not working is that from withing the Internet or
any other network inside my company "ubu" does not exist. It is inside
special network (something like DMZ) where are servers and firewall is
redirecting different ports to different computers.

I was thinking I can manually change every "ubu" into router's name or
IP. I did it, but it did not help much... Here is another exception:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:
http://ubu:8080/__JWSappclients/__appserver/aslib/fscontext.jar

It looks like my domain1 is really insisting to be visible everywhere
on this planet as "ubu".

How can I tell my "domain1" to use different name and/or IP address?

Right now I really do not know what to do. I have few days to make
this working, our customer wants to see our application (he is in
different city and wants see it installing/starting with one click on
html link - this is what we promised him) and I cannot make Glassfish
usable outside our DMZ network :( - the only network he can be visible
as "ubu".

Please help me or I will be in big troubles :(