users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to configure domain's NAME or IP address?

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:55:42 -0600

Hello, Witold.

Sorry this is not working easily for you. I have a few questions for you.

1. What release and build of GlassFish are you using? This may not make
a difference but please let us know.

2. Can you please try the following experiment? Instead of trying to
launch the app client from the admin GUI, try launching it yourself from
a command-line prompt using:

javaws "http://ubu:8080/SOP/SOP-app-client"

Based on the info you sent, I think this URL should work. If not, look
in the server.log file around the time you deployed the app or after the
most recent restart if the app was already deployed. The log file will
contain a message announcing what "context-root" will work for launching
that app's client. If your client expects any command-line arguments,
add them to the URL as a query string such as ?arg=firstArg&arg=secondArg.

3. I assume when you try to access the app from another network you use
the full host name, such as something like ubu.mycorp.com. Is that right?

4. What OS is your server system (ubu) running?

5. If it's a Windows system, does the networking properties properly
identify the system with its full path and not just ubu? (I'm less
familiar with the corresponding setup on non-Windows systems.)

- Tim