users@glassfish.java.net

Applications hang frequently - but not console?

From: Guillaume Bilodeau <gbilodeau_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 02:26:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys,

We are experiencing some problems with our Glassfish server in production.
The two applications that are installed, one WAR-packaged and another
EAR-packaged, sometimes stop responding at the same time for 10-15 minutes
and for no apparent reason, then start accepting requests again as if
nothing had happened. While both applications are stuck, the Glassfish
administration console works perfectly (correctly with no performance
degradation) and shows that both applications are installed and enabled.

The logs contain nothing suspicious - just normal application exceptions
that seem to be handled correctly. Accessing the applications from the
application server itself using a http://localhost address gives the same
results.

The production server is running Windows 2000, Java 5 update 10, and Sun
Java Application Server 9.0.0 PE update 1. I don't know if a firewall is
running or not. Applications are running on port 9090 (normal HTTP, not
secured) and the administrative console on 4848.

Does anybody have any idea how to diagnose this problem and, hopefully, to
solve it?

Thanks a lot,
GB