users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish clustering

From: Dinesh Patil <Dinesh.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:01:15 -0700

Yes replied to this, but didn't get Bill's response back with more details.
thanks
Dinesh
Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart wrote:

> Hi Bill. USERS_at_glassfish.dev.java.net is a better place to ask this
> question. I believe anybody can post.
>
> - eduard/o
>
> Bill Morton wrote:
>
>> I’ve been trying to set up clustering for about a month now with no
>> success.
>>

>> Installed glassfish-installer-v2-b13-winnt.jar and the problem with
>> that is that clustering / node-agents and instances are not in this
>> version. Why does the website say it is???
>>
>> Installed glassfish-installer-v2-b16-winnt.jar and the problem with
>> this is that the DAS doesn’t synch with the instances defined in a
>> node-agent. So I manually copied the config files into the instances
>> directories and I could never get them to work with a deployed web
>> app (WAR file).
>>
>> Installed glassfish-installer-v2-b18-winnt.jar and the problem with
>> this is the same as version v2-b13, no clustering available.
>>
>> Can someone please help point me in the right direction? I’ve tried
>> the examples (ant -f setup-cluster.xml, asant
>> setup-one-machine-cluster which never creates the instances on the
>> 1^st try)
>>
>> Thanks for the help in advance!
>>
>> Bill Morton

> For additional commands, e-mail: feedback-help_at_glassfish.dev.java.net

attached mail follows:

Dinesh Patil wrote:
> Carla Mott wrote:
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> I'm including the dev alias since I know there are folks on that alias
>> who can answer your questions.
>>
>> Dinesh,
>>
>> Is clustering available in each of the promoted builds starting with
>> b13?
> Yes Carla, b13 had the clustering features available..
>
> Looks like Bill is referring to the Clustering Document
> <https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/build/GlassFish_LB_Cluster.html>also,
> there was some bug in synchronization of node-agents/instances
> (Nandini, please correct me here if not related to this) but I didn't
> face it on solaris x86, tried initially on windows latest build also..
Dinesh,

There is no issue in synchronization of node-agents/instances. EE QLs pass.

Bill,

Error logs will give better clues. Can you please send over steps you
followed and any logs / exception traces?

Thanks
Nandini