users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Performance and access logging

From: ludo <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:25:28 -0700

Jan Luehe wrote:
> ..
>
> I think we need to do a survey of how useful access logging is during
> development,
> and how much of a performance penalty people are willing to pay for it.

why not, but...
> Tomcat disables it by default, and nobody has ever complained about it.

Tomcat is well represented by real developers, and I think we could
avoid the survey there, and just watch this mailing list for feedback.
Personally, the only time I look at the access log is for my personal
web site, not during development at all.
Fwiw, Netbeans does not expose the access log file in the server manager
area: no complaint so far :-)
Ludo