users@glassfish.java.net

web services not showing up

From: Lucas Jordan <lucasjordan_at_softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:48:39 -0400

I am trying to deploy a web application to an instance of glassfish and
I am having trouble. when I deploy the web application, it is listed
under the Web Applications (on the admin console) but no Web Services
associated with that application are listed under the "Web Services"
section. The weird thing is, sometimes they are. If I create a new
project in netbeans(5.5), create a web services from a wsdl, and deploy
it, occasionally a web services is listed.

I know this is not a very helpful description of my problem. I am not
seeing any errors in the log. sometimes it works and some times it does
not.

here is the code for the web service:
package net.digitalxtractions.services.device;

import javax.jws.WebService;

@WebService(serviceName = "GetImagesService", portName =
"GetImagesPort", endpointInterface =
"net.digitalxtractions.services.device.GetImagesPortType",
targetNamespace = "http://digitalxtractions.net/services/Device",
wsdlLocation = "WEB-INF/wsdl/GetImagesService/Device.wsdl")
public class GetImagesService implements
net.digitalxtractions.services.device.GetImagesPortType {

    public net.digitalxtractions.services.device.GetImagesResponseType
getImagesOperation(net.digitalxtractions.services.device.GetImagesRequestType request) throws net.digitalxtractions.services.device.ActionError {

        return new GetImagesResponseType();

    }
}

I assume glassfish creates the web service from the information listed
after @WebService. How does one specify a web service in the web.xml
file? I would like to try and define the service without relying on
magical introspection.

my current web.xml is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"