users@glassfish.java.net

Re: web services not showing up

From: Ryan Galgon <rgalgon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:55:41 -0400

its actually done in webservices.xml

"the WebServiceHandler class processes the @WebService annotation.

During deployment of a service, all deployment descriptors (if any) are
loaded and then the annotations are processed. On seeing an @WebService, for
example, the annotation framework calls WebServiceHandler which processes
the annotation. While processing the annotation, we check if there a
deployment descriptor entry already available (e.g., from webservices.xml)
and if so, the annotation values will not override the equivalent defined in
the descriptor. At the end of the annotation processing phase, we have all
the information required with which we generate WSDLs and other portable
artifacts (if not packaged)."

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/webservices/dispatch_process.html
http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/appserver/reference/techart/ws_mgmt.html

are the 2 guides I found that seem to have good information on it.

hope that helps, if not let me know and I"ll look into it more.