users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish JMX for Dummies ?

From: vince kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 07:36:04 -0700

Mark Hansen wrote:
> There is a maven 2 plugin for JBoss (maven-plugin-jboss). It uses JMX
> to let you deploy/undeploy J2EE apps. I'm trying to modify it to
> create a similar plugin for GlassFish. Unfortunately, I am clueless
> about JMX. Is it possible to deploy/undeploy Java EE 5 apps (WAR,
> EAR, etc) to GlassFish using JMX?
I think it is. But that is "under the covers" of JSR-88.

JSR-88 is the standardized API to support deployment.
> If so, is there a tutorial somewhere that I could use to get started?
No clue on that for JMX based deployment.

The text of JSR-88 has some sample code that may get you started with
that API.

I seem to remember a tutorial on alphaworks (IBM's developers portal)
for JSR-88, too.