users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Should this deploy?

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 20:33:10 -0400

Hi, Vince

> I have read 'all over' that and empty ejb jar is not valid.
>
> If I try to deploy an empty ejb jar... it sure is...
>
> BUT, if I put that jar into an ear file, it deploys?
>
> Is this a bug?

Neither would deploy on 9.1. The following is when I tried on the 9.1
build. Were you trying to deploy on 9.0 build? As I mentioned earlier,
this fix is not in 9.0 fcs. And is a candidate for 9.0ur1.

[hzhang_at_nmr downloads]$ asadmin deploy EnterpriseApplication2-ejb.jar
CLI171 Command deploy failed : Deploying application in domain failed;
Error loading deployment descriptors for module
[EnterpriseApplication2-ejb] -- Invalid ejb jar
/home/hzhang/files/sun/appserver/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/EnterpriseApplication2-ejb:
it contains zero ejb. A valid ejb jar requires at least one
session/entity/message driven bean.

[hzhang_at_nmr downloads]$ asadmin deploy EnterpriseApplication2.ear
CLI171 Command deploy failed : Deploying application in domain failed;
Error loading deployment descriptors for module [EnterpriseApplication2]
-- Invalid ejb jar EnterpriseApplication2-ejb.jar: it contains zero ejb.
A valid ejb jar requires at least one session/entity/message driven bean.

Thanks,

- Hong