users@glassfish.java.net

Re: which version of IMQ is bundled with glassfish ?

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 14:35:46 +0530

Hi

--Siva.
Legolas Woodland wrote:
> Hi
> I find that a version of IMQ is bundled with glassFish :
> 1-is it open source ?
Sun Java System Message Queue PE is integrated as a binary in GlassFish.
 Sources for the Message Queue product integrated into GlassFish are not
released under an open source license yet.
> 2-is it up to date and reliable as ActiveMQ ?
It is a reliable/stable implementation of the Java Message Service (JMS)
specification. You could read more about its feature list at
http://www.sun.com/software/products/message_queue/index.xml
> 3-i saw some EXE files in its directory , does it means that this is not
> pure java ?
It is mostly java with a few native components for launching/cert
management etc.