users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSR-181 support

From: Mark Hansen <mark_at_javector.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:30:08 -0500

OK - I will do that. One follow-on question, which isn't exactly
Glassfish, but also a general Java EE 5 question.

Do you know if the runtime deployment mechanism in Java EE 5 will still
be based on JSR-109 (as in J2EE 1.4) so JSR-181 will be implemented by
having a processor generate the webservices.xml and other deployment
descriptors? Or will the model be changed so that a JSR-181 annotated
class can just be "dropped in" to the container without having to
generate artifacts?

-- Mark