users@glassfish.java.net

simple example of deploying servlet

From: Mark Hansen <mark_at_javector.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:34:26 -0500

I'm feeling my way around glassfish. Where can I find a simple example
of how to deploy a servlet?

Also, one other question about downloading from CVS and building it ...

I downloaded and built it using:

Method 1
========
cvs -d :pserver:khookguy_at_cvs.dev.java.net:/cvs checkout glassfish/bootstrap
cd glassfish/bootstrap
maven checkout bootstrap build configure-runtime

But, this doesn't give me the same files (e.g., glassfish/appserv-tests)
as if I check out all the source using:

Method 2
========
cvs -d :pserver:khookguy_at_cvs.dev.java.net:/cvs checkout glassfish

If I download the entire thing using Method 2, then how do I do the
build? Do I just use
   maven build configure-runtime

and skip the maven goals named checkout and bootastrap??

Thanks.

-- Mark