quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: "remote EJB" documentation RFC?

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:21:29 +0100

Hi Kristian,

You are trying to do things I haven't tried yet, so I canot help you
here.

However, I tried something that sounds similar. I have succesfully setup
some projects to build and deploy JBI/CASA applications. Those are
applications that can be deployed on OpenESB/GlassFish ESB. All the
necessary classes and jars are nowhere to be found on the web.

So I dug into the NetBeans ant scripts to figure out which jars are
needed and installed them into our local Maven repository and told
Nexus to make them available. I simply took the ones that ship with
NetBeans :-)

NetBeans also does a lot of checking, xml generation and other stuff to
build the jars that will be deployed and it uses ant for that. So I
included the maven antrun plugin in my poms and used that to copy the
NetBeans behaviour. The hardest part was to figure out how to make the
jars in the Maven repository available to ant through maven but even
that turned out to be not very difficult.

Using this approach we have succesfully been building and deploying our
projects from Hudson to GlassFish ESB version 2. If you need some help
with this, or have specific questions, you'll know where to find me.

HTH, Wouter

--
Home is not where you live but where they understand you.
[Christian Morgenstern]