quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: "remote EJB" documentation RFC?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:01:51 +0100

Hi Wouter;

and thanks a bunch for giving a hand again, much appreciated. ;)

Am Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:53:08 +0100
schrieb Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>:
> What problem(s) are you facing exactly? Perhaps we can do this off
> list, unless other people are interested in this as well.

Most of my current findings is outlined in [1]. Bottom line of what I
want to do is to set up a maven2 based project structure (the project
should exclusively use maven2 for build) consisting of an ear
(including a bunch of ejb modules) for deployment to a glassfish v3 and
an "application client" supposed to be deployed to local workstations,
to connect to the remote gfv3 server and make proper use of remote EJBs.

So far, I tried following the NetBeans tutorials on these things which
are pretty straightforward - building an application client project,
inject/annotate an @EJB in the client, run - fine. However, as soon as
even considering using maven2 for build, these things don't work.
Annotated beans (@EJB) in the client class are always null. No
surprise, I think. :) Manually adding a couple of artifacts off a
remote repository (which "seemed" right) didn't work but just provide
me with a couple of different ClassNotFoundExceptions related to
org.omg.corba or com.sun.* stuff. Same for trying to configure JNDI to
tell where the remote server lives.

Basically, the information I failed fo find, so far, for this very use
case is

- which maven2 dependencies are required to build a remote ejb client
  for glassfish v3 and where (repository) to get them, and

- what kind of configuration (code, config files, ...) inside the
  client application is required for glassfishv3 to make proper use of
  remote EJBs.

Not sure if this is of public interest, keeping it on-list for a while,
what do others think of that? :)

Cheers & thanks, by now,
Kristian

[1]http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/glassfishv3-ejb-standalone-client-and-ma

--
Dipl.-Ing.(BA) Kristian Rink * Software- und Systemingenieur
planConnect GmbH * Könneritzstr. 33 * 01067 Dresden