quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployment of our JEE 5 app on GFv3.1

From: Hong Zhang <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:35:33 -0400

Hi, Wounter
> Thanks Tim for pointing out your great blog post about GF3. Looks like I
> need to do a lot of work before I can deploy our JEE 5 app to GF3. We
> are using JSF 1.2 with Facelets 1.14 and, as Hong pointed out, using the
> compatibility flag doesn't tell GF3 to use the JEE 5 specs. In other
> words, the flag resolved the jar loading issue, but the app still
> refuses to run.

What's the reason that the application still refuses to run? While the
"compatibility" property mainly targets the jar visibility aspect of the
backward compatibility, if an application used to run on v2, it should
still be able to run with v3. We should try to figure out the remaining
incompatible aspects and fix them.

Thanks,

- Hong