quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployment of our JEE 5 app on GFv3.1

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:01:01 +0100

Thanks Tim for pointing out your great blog post about GF3. Looks like I
need to do a lot of work before I can deploy our JEE 5 app to GF3. We
are using JSF 1.2 with Facelets 1.14 and, as Hong pointed out, using the
compatibility flag doesn't tell GF3 to use the JEE 5 specs. In other
words, the flag resolved the jar loading issue, but the app still
refuses to run.

So, in order to go ahead with testing GF3.1 I will have to create a JEE
6 compatible web app.

Thanks, Wouter

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 09:56:38AM -0500, Tim Quinn wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2010, at 9:50 AM, Wouter van Reeven wrote:
>
>> Hahaha thanks for the tip Alexis. Will do later this week. If (and
>> when)
>> I get my app working properly!
>
> Admittedly brief and buried within another post, but..
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/quinn/entry/app_client_container_features_in
>
> Look in the "Stricter JAR Access" section.
>
> - Tim
>

>> On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 03:46:28PM +0100, Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine
>> wrote:
>>> Thanks Hong for the details. I can see a blog coming, right Wouter?
>>> ;-)
>>> -Alexis

>>> For additional commands, e-mail: quality-help_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
>>
>> --
>> Blackholes are where God is dividing by zero.
>> [Unknown Source]
>>
>> Skype: wvreeven
>> Facebook: wvreeven
>> Twitter: wvreeven

Cloudless everyday you fall upon my waking eyes
inviting and inciting me to rise
And through the window in the wall
Come streaming in on sunlight wings
A million bright ambassadors of morning