quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployment of our JEE 5 app on GFv3.1

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:45:32 +0100

Hi Hong,

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 12:35:33PM -0400, Hong Zhang wrote:
> What's the reason that the application still refuses to run? While the
> "compatibility" property mainly targets the jar visibility aspect of the
> backward compatibility, if an application used to run on v2, it should still be
> able to run with v3. We should try to figure out the remaining incompatible
> aspects and fix them.

We have a PhaseListener that handles authentication. The PhaseListener
retrieves an instance of NavigationHandler via

NavigationHandler navigationHandler = facesContext.getApplication().getNavigationHandler();

next it calls a navigation rule like this

navigationHandler.handleNavigation(facesContext, "", "notAllowed");

which works on GF2. It doesn't on GF3 and it throws an NPE. The
corresponding navigation rule in faces-context.xml is

    <navigation-rule>
        <navigation-case>
            <from-outcome>notAllowed</from-outcome>
            <to-view-id>/notallowed.xhtml</to-view-id>
            <redirect/>
        </navigation-case>
    </navigation-rule>

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Wouter

--
Home is not where you live but where they understand you.
[Christian Morgenstern]