quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Request for comments : FishCAT, the way forward

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:01:43 +0200

Hi Judy

On 24 June 2010 09:52, Judy Tang <judy.j.tang_at_oracle.com> wrote:

> Thanks Richard for the FishCAT planning, also thanks Kristian and Vladimir
> for giving valuable input. If we can
> find a way to recruit more cats like three of you, that is the winning way
> :-)
>
> I found three common things make a good cat. (1) He is using GF in his
> work, good quality matters to him. (2) He has
> passion for community work. (3) He enjoys the fun of meeting/helping other
> cats. Any thing else you can think off?
>
> The way Richard proposed belongs to (3). The way Vladimir proposed I think
> belongs to (1), it is about earn points
> and use points to improve quality in the area most interest to his work,
> like he can use the points to vote for what bugs
> to get fixed first some thing like that. It is a really good thinking, but
> it can be hard to do since it has a bigger scope.
> It is good to bring up for discussion to get more input I feel. Thanks
> Vladimir!
>
> Like to see more input from every one:
> - what motivate people to join FishCAT
> - how and where to recruit more cats :-)

What do you think about a survey like you did before ?

We can then pose questions to the existing and potential FishCATs.

Suggesting this is the easy part, finding questions to ask and will make
sense in the end is the hard :)

Questions derived from you :
1) Do you use GlassFish in your work ?
2) Does quality matter to you ?

Maybe :
1) What motivates or could motivate you to operate in FishCAT ? (Interaction
with GlassFish developers, Interaction with peers, able to request features)

regards
Richard