quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3 not deploying huge EAR anymore

From: Matthias Fraass <matthias.fraass_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 17:27:33 +0100

Hello Hong,

Hong Zhang schrieb:
> Actually no need to try that anymore. :-) I had some discussions with
> the connector team this morning (this stack trace is from the
> connector code) and there are a couple optimizations we can make. And
> in the ear case, we will be able to eliminate this part of the
> annotation scanning completely. There might be some other bottlenecks
> down the road, but at least this stack trace should disappear for ear
> case.
This is good news!
> I have done some initial testing on the changes and doing some more
> testing now. I plan to check in this change later today. If you could
> grab a nightly build once I check in the change, it will be great. The
> HCF is next week which means we need to be very careful with the
> changes we check in afterwards (only show stopper can go in, this is
> to make sure we have a stable build). So if you can try this at your
> earliest convenience once the change is available in the nightly
> build, it will be very helpful for us in case there are other issues
> discovered and we need to address those as well.
Unfortunately, I only have access to that EAR on Monday. But I will test
it immediately when I come in at work.

Thanks a lot for you efforts as this is a show stopper on our side. If
it works, chances are good that this migration project will get some
coverages in developer magazines or conferences.

-Matthias