quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3 not deploying huge EAR anymore

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:05:24 -0500

Hi, Matthias

> yes it's still the same.
> I let GF run for 3 hours - the stack trace was still the same so I
> killed the process.
> 3 hours for that EAR and still not finished!
>
> I'll try the directory deployment on Monday.

Actually no need to try that anymore. :-) I had some discussions with
the connector team this morning (this stack trace is from the connector
code) and there are a couple optimizations we can make. And in the ear
case, we will be able to eliminate this part of the annotation scanning
completely. There might be some other bottlenecks down the road, but at
least this stack trace should disappear for ear case.

I have done some initial testing on the changes and doing some more
testing now. I plan to check in this change later today. If you could
grab a nightly build once I check in the change, it will be great. The
HCF is next week which means we need to be very careful with the changes
we check in afterwards (only show stopper can go in, this is to make
sure we have a stable build). So if you can try this at your earliest
convenience once the change is available in the nightly build, it will
be very helpful for us in case there are other issues discovered and we
need to address those as well.

Thanks,

- Hong