quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3 not deploying huge EAR anymore

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:42:11 -0500

Hi, Matthias
   Is the stack trace still the same?
   Unfortunately all the libraries need to be scanned as the component
annotations could exist in anywhere. However, the scanning takes much
longer when the archive is a jar and not a directory. You could try to
use directory deployment to see if things improve a little bit (see this
link for some details on directory deployment, the link is for v2.1 but
still applicable to v3) The directory deployment directory layout would
be something like this (the sub directory also needs to be in a
directory format):
    foo/
    foo_war/
    foo_jar/

   In the meantime, we will look for other ways to improve the situation.

   Thanks,

   - Hong