quality@glassfish.java.net

Review of v3 Upgrade Guide

From: Kim Haase <Camilla.Haase_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:12:25 -0500

Hello,

The v3 Upgrade Guide (formerly the Upgrade and Migration Guide) is
available for review at

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=UpgradeAndMigrationGuide

The book has been reviewed by the Upgrade Tool engineer, but we need
help from the rest of you to identify incompatibilities between v2 and
v3 applications that users are likely to encounter.

Particular areas of concern are application clients (about which we say
something) and persistence (about which we say nothing so far). It
appears from some experimentation that even with the compatibility
property set to v2, users still have to provide a persistence.xml file
that specifies EclipseLink instead of TopLink in order for applications
deployed on v3 to run. Is this correct?

What other problems are possible? Please let me know by *Tuesday,
December 1, 2009.* As Dixie said, email, the comments wiki, or phone are
fine. I'm in Massachusetts, so other methods work less well for most of you.

Thank you very much.

Kim Haase
x20747