quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB Container initialization error

From: Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:13:26 -0800

Hi Felipe,

Thanks so much for finding the root caused of "deployed the same EJB
twice" dup name case, how about
you file a P4 bug to suggest on how to improve the error message, so it
can be improved in next release.

"now I am a better Glassfish developer ", and a supper CAT :-)

I looked into the log message you sent, I think two places we can
improve for feature release:

(1) To list out what are possible errors cause EJB Container
initialization error, may be too hard to do this in the code, so needs
to put into Trouble Shooting Guide.

[#|2009-11-20T19:48:54.369+0100|SEVERE|glassfishv3.0|javax.enterprise.system.core.org.glassfish.internal.data|_ThreadID=25;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|Exception while invoking class org.glassfish.ejb.startup.EjbDeployer load method
java.lang.RuntimeException: EJB Container initialization error

(2) To list out what are possible reasons to cause error at binding JNDI
name, like duplicate EJB name is one cause, if the causes are too many,
then this error message can
give a pointer suggest user to look into trouble Shooting Guide for more
details, even better is to print out a link to doc.

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error while binding JNDI name com.kenai.puj.arena.model.entity.facade.impl.URLObfuscator for EJB : DefaultUrlObfuscator